The Malta Tourism Authority is happy to announce that they are once again offering a scheme to encourage European/international associations to host their events in Malta. The total budget allocated towards this initiative for 2014 is € 100,000.
• The Association requesting this MTA support must engage the services of a Destination Management Company (licensed by the MTA) or hotel to organise the event.
• The application for financial support under this scheme is to be put forward by the appointed DMC or hotel on behalf of and with the written consent of the foreign Association organising the event in Malta or Gozo.
• Confirmation of support is to be obtained (in writing) from the MTA, prior to the event.
• To be eligible for support, events must take place between the months of January to March and November to December 2014.
• Events must have a minimum duration of 3 nights in Malta or Gozo, with a minimum of 50 foreign participants per night.
• To qualify to support this scheme, the same event cannot be in receipt of other financial support from other Malta Government Schemes or Authorities (excluding the VAT refund scheme, where this is applicable.)
• The MTA financial support shall be capped at €25 per person attending the event in the Maltese Islands, with a maximum support of € 10,000 towards any one event.
• In view of budgetary limitations, requests will be funded on a first-come-first-served basis, depending on eligibility as per terms and conditions.
• The MTA retains the right to decline further requests for support when budget is exhausted.
• The Association, via the appointed DMC or hotel are requested to send claim for support by invoice, addressed to the MTA MICE Segment, to the attention of Ms. Nadine Brincat (firstname.lastname@example.org), supported by the following documentation: – Hotel rooming list – Full event program – DMC details – A written declaration (signed by the CEO/head of the association and the DMC or hotel) stating that it is not claiming other financial support from other Maltese Government departments or authorities. – A written declaration (signed by the appointed local DMC or hotel) stating that the event was organised and held in Malta, as per claim submitted.
• The MTA shall also provide the Association with Malta promotional material and corporate pillow gifts for the Conference speakers.